Network bridge setup guide
Using BungeeCord or Velocity? ChatSentry offers various cross-server synchronization options. See the guide below to set up the plugin to work with your network.
- 1.Add the plugin to your proxys plugins folder
- 2.Add the plugin to each of your Spigot/Paper/etc. servers plugins folders
- 3.Restart the proxy and all servers that are using ChatSentry
- 4.Proceed to the "after initial setup" section of this page
ChatSentry does not officially support Velocity, but you can use a an adapter called Snap to run it on Velocity proxies
- 2.Let Snap generate it's directories and add ChatSentry to Snap's plugins folder (plugins/Snap/plugins)
- 3.Add ChatSentry to each of your Spigot/Paper/etc. servers plugins folders
- 4.Restart the proxy and all servers that are using ChatSentry
- 5.Proceed to the "after initial setup" section of this page
- 1.Enable network mode in one of your servers ChatSentry configs (see the block below)
- 2.Run /kcs rl to reload the plugin and update your changes, and then run /kcs rl again to force-sync or schedule sync this servers files with the other servers. Double reloading like this is only necessary when turning network mode on
- 3.Done! ChatSentry will now automagically synchronize cross-server with respect to your network mode settings.
enable: true # set this to true
sync-configs: true # optional
sync-playerdata: true # optional
global-admin-notifier-messages: true # optional
As a general rule of thumb, you should make sure all your ChatSentry instances are running on the same plugin version to prevent issues. Since updates are released so frequently, you can usually safely ignore optimizations and minor bug fixes, however any updates with config changes should be updated across all your servers.
ChatSentry is not fully a proxy plugin, meaning it must be installed not just on the proxy, but on all Spigot/Paper/etc. servers as well. Adding the plugin to your proxy creates a data bridge allowing for cross server communication between ChatSentry instances on your network.